2011-06-29

Ergonomic impact of full screen debugging tools

Speaking of RDz, as I was in my last post, full screen debugging tools can have an unexpected ergonomic impact, at least on my decrepit old frame.

When writing code, launching and monitoring batch jobs, or testing an online screen the old fashioned way, I tend to sit back in my chair in a fairly relaxed posture.  Debugging interactively, whether using RDz or another tool, tends to change that.  I lean forward in my chair intently focused on the screen in front of me as I watch the code execute.    I feel poised, ready to pounce when the next breakpoint comes up or when the execution flow appears to go awry.

All this is good fun (I love debugging), but it gets physically wearisome when you do it continuously for 8 hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment