2010-08-19

Checkpoint

You may have noticed that I haven't posted anything since January 2010.  There is no deep dark reason for this; just the usual combination of laziness and busy-ness.

Most of the posts prior to this point represent a collection of stuff that I've posted on the Internet over the past several years.  A "best of" collection, I suppose.

I've recently started a new job, and that is always a good way to find some inspiration.

In my first IT job, I was well indoctrinated (brainwashed) in the procedures and processes demanded by that company.  The procedure and processes were (mostly) reasonable, and what the hell, I didn't know any better anyway.

The problem came on my second career stop.  I thought the new shop was idiotic for doing things differently than my old one.  It was quite an adjustment, but eventually I realized that there were some interesting ideas there that I have since incorporated into my own work.

Now, many years later, I find myself back at the original company, older, wiser, and with a broader perspective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment